We are a team working as part of Wakefield Council.
The Youth Work Team’s vision…
We work with and for young people to fully prepare them for adulthood, equipped with the personal and social skills to be valued and engaged as citizens, capable of making positive choices and accessing opportunities.
We will achieve this through co-ordinating and delivering a programme of high quality youth work which will include:-
- A programme of street based detached youth work where young people are identified as being involved in risky behaviours.
- A targeted group work programme for young people experiencing difficulties or vulnerabilities.
- National youth work programmes, such a Duke of Edinburgh’s Award, UK Youth Parliament and British Youth Council.
- Support to the voluntary community sector to increase youth work capacity and quality of provision available to young people in Wakefield.
- Activity to ensure sufficient offer of positive youth activities is available to young people and publicized across the district.
Detached Youth Work
Our Youth Workers work are out on the streets a few times per week. They engage with young people in the district with positive activities. If you are experiencing any anti-social behaviour or are concerned about a group of young people in your area please contact us.
LGBT – We run a weekly session for LGBTQ+ groups to get together in safe environment. Click Here for more information.
SEND – There are 2 SEND youth groups that we run in the Wakefield district. Click Here for more information.
On a quarterly basis the Youth Work Team is publishing a newsletter. Why not have a look at what’s been happening in our world. CLICK HERE for a link to the Newsletter page.
Advertise with us
The Wakefield Youth Work Team work with lots of voluntary organisations who provide activities for young people in the district. If you wish to advertise your group or “one off” activity please get in touch. You can have a page on this site for your group and/or we can publicise you on our Facebook and Twitter pages. Just drop us a line and we can send you a registration form.
To keep up to date with what the Youth Work Team are up to why not follow us:
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter