The Youth Work Team’s vision…
We work with and for young people to fully prepare them for adulthood, equipped with the personal and social skills to be valued and engaged as citizens, capable of making positive choices and accessing opportunities.
We will achieve this through co-ordinating and delivering a programme of high quality youth work which will include:-
- A programme of street based detached youth work where young people are identified as being involved in risky behaviours.
- A targeted group work programme for young people experiencing difficulties or vulnerabilities.
- National youth work programmes, such a Duke of Edinburgh’s Award, UK Youth Parliament and British Youth Council.
- Support to the voluntary community sector to increase youth work capacity and quality of provision available to young people in Wakefield.
- Activity to ensure sufficient offer of positive youth activities is available to young people and publicized across the district.
For further information about the work we do have a browse on this website – look at Our Specialist Groups, Street Based Youth Work, Duke of Edinburgh’s Award, Loan Service and Youth Voice/UKYP pages.
On a quarterly basis the Youth Work Team publish a newsletter. Why not have a look at what’s been happening in our world. CLICK HERE for a link to the Newsletter page.
Advertise with us
The Wakefield Youth Work Team work with lots of voluntary organisations who provide activities for young people in the district. If you wish to advertise your group or “one off” activity please get in touch. You can have a page on this site FREE for your group and/or we can publicise you on our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages. Just drop us a line and we can send you a registration form.
To keep up to date with what the Youth Work Team are up to why not follow us:
Wakefield Youth Offending Team
To find out more about the team who form part of Wakefield Council’s Youth Services please CLICK HERE
To read Wakefield Council’s CYP leadership pledge, vision & key priorities, click here.