CGL WAKEFIELD – YOUNG PERSONS SUBSTANCE MISUSE SERVICE
CGL service provides confidential drug and alcohol support for young people up to age 18 living in Wakefield. The service also offers advice and information to parents, carers and professionals.
What we do?
- One to one interventions with a dedicated worker which can support the changes the young person wants to make. We will agree goals and targets with the young person to make the changes they want
- Group work sessions for young people which provide education and advice to reduce and prevent harm associated with drugs and alcohol
- The staff team welcome being involved in events across Wakefield to give informal advice and support to young people, families and the community. We have been involved in local activities such as College Health Fairs and national events like Alcohol Awareness Week.
- Advice to parents/carers and families who are concerned about the drug/alcohol use of a young person.
- Support to young people who are affected by a family members drug or alcohol use
- Advice and information to professionals working with young people
- On request we can deliver training courses and briefings relating to drugs, alcohol and young people
How do we do it?
- The service is young person centred. We listen to young people and build support around their needs, whether it is a one off intervention or longer term one to one sessions with a dedicated worker
- The service is flexible and we offer appointments in schools, colleges, community venues so that it makes it easier to access the service
- The service we provide is friendly and professional. Our staff are respectful and will listen, not judge and offer advice to help make informed choices about drug and alcohol use
- We understand that young people use drugs and alcohol for lots of reasons and all plans of work will be holistic and look at all their needs. This often requires joint working with partners and agencies involved with the young person to ensure they get the right changes at the right time
How to make a referral?
We can receive referrals from anyone concerned about a young person and also the young person can self refer. We can take the referral information over the phone or can e-mail you a form.
To discuss a referral please call Jeanette Owens on 01924 831114 extension 218 or 07917 200969 (either text or call) email: email@example.com
Twitter & Instagram handle: @cglwakefield