If you have concerns about a child…
Call Social Care Direct Free: 0345 8503 503 (A free and confidential phone line, open 24 hours a day).
Minicom: 01924 303450 (type talk welcome)
Email Social Care Direct: email@example.com
This is a confidential service. You do not have to give your personal details such as your name and address.
• We all have a role to play in protecting children and young people from child abuse and neglect.
• All children have a right to be safe and should be protected from all forms of abuse and neglect.
• A third of people who suspect child abuse, do nothing. A number of people do not act on their suspicions because they’re worried about being wrong. You don’t have to be absolutely certain about your suspicions; if you have a feeling that something’s not right, let us know, you do not have to leave your details.
• You don’t have to be absolutely certain about whether a child is being abused; if you have a feeling that something’s not right, talk to your local children’s social care team who can look into it.
• Information is usually gathered from many sources, and your report would form one part of a bigger picture.
• In 2014/15, more than 400,000 children in England were supported because someone noticed they needed help