“Aspire to provide high quality training, development and education for the benefit of members, the football club, the local community and the sport as a whole. Develop players into the best players they can be, by offering structured training sessions and competitive matches”.
West End Terriers is a Football Club based in Hemsworth, West Yorkshire. Formed by a merger of Hemsworth Town Terriers, West End Juniors and Hemsworth Highfields. It is nicknamed “The Terriers” and has stood by the decision to retain Hemsworth Terriers established dated of 1986. It’s a volunteer football club providing football development opportunities. The club has achieved FA Charter Standard and has adopted the FA’s “Respect” initiative. The Club has age groups Tots to over 18 years (Boys only & Girls only teams), one Saturday & one Sunday open age team and a Over 35’s
The football club provides an environment where young players can express themselves while enjoying their football development and education. We provide a model pathway for learning and development of youngsters while maximizing the potential of individuals.
We develop players as responsible people with an awareness of their responsibilities to each other with mutual respect for others.
As a community club anyone is welcome to come along and join in the fun. We feel as an organisation it is a good way of keeping young people off the streets, preventing anti-social behavior as well as helping develop important life skills.
We provide training and equipment to adults who wish to get involved in coaching within the sport.
We are located at:
West End Terriers home grounds are Hemsworth Arts & Community Academy, Sandy Gate Lane and Cemetery Road Playing Fields.
What does it cost?
There is a weekly subscription of £1.00 although potential members who cannot afford this should not be put off as subsidies can be applied for.
Keep up to date with news on our social media at:
For more information please contact:-
- Ross Taylor, Chairman – 07724 638678
- Dale Appleton, Secretary – 07879 841342
- Dale Wainwright, Treasurer – 07919 207284
- Kerry Deaville, Welfare Officer – 07759 164324
- Ross Shaw, Vice Chair – 07841 042910
- Jonny Allatt, President – 07584 915686
- Chris Kirby, Football Development Officer – 07983 401011
- Dale Appleton, Charter Standard Co-Ordinator – 07879 841342
- Ian Weglarski, Club Liaison Officer – 07984 041817
- Andrew Jones, School Liaison Officer – 07711 966483
- Dale Wainwright , Head of Social Media – 07919 207284
- Ross Shaw, Head of Recruitment – 07841 042910
- Tony Lawton, Head of Girls Football – 07845 012317
- Head of Girls Football – 07845 012317